[Zope-dev] Building a Zope Site from a Source Distribution

Eric Roby vekn@msn.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 07:49:36 -0500

Could anyone point me to documentation or instructions on how to build Zope
to a particular version of Python.  My goal is to understand the process so
that I can do this on the Win32, Linux RPM and Solaris distributions (make
directives, etc...).  My first attempt will be focused on the Win32
distribution.  I have Borland's C++ compiler (the one that has been released
to the public). I have looked at the Win32 source distribution and the
build_extensions.py file makes reference to setup20 and setup15 files in the
lib/python folder.  They aren't there so I am a bit puzzled as to the
purpose of this build script.

Eric