[Zope-dev] forking of the mailing list

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:39:56 +0100

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:15:01 -0700, "Andy McKay"
<andym@ActiveState.com> wrote:

>There was a discussion on zope@zope.org about forking of the mailing =
list.
>Would there be any support behind a seperate ZPatterns list? There seem =
>be lots of users and lots of questions that arent of interest to people =
who
>dont use ZPatterns (like me).

I dont use ZPatterns, and regularly ignore whole ZPattern-related
threads. However I value the fact that an occasional a subject line
catches my eye, and I have a chance to learn something new. I might
not be using ZPatterns today, but that doesnt mean that it is wholly
irrelevant to me.

This morning (for me) zope-dev had 87 new messages in 29 threads. Do
people really find this to be too many?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com