[Zope-dev] Permissions to change Acquire Permissions?

Tim R Ansell mithro@mithis.com
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:49:45 +0930

I was wondering if it would be possible for a new permission to be
created, this permission would let (or stop) people from changing the
Acquire Permissions check boxes found in the Security Tab.

The reason I would like a permissions like this is that some users that
need to give people permissions are exactly trusted. This means that
they could change the acquire permissions and circumvent people with
"Manager" or higher privileges.

This type of permission could be very useful for zope to have but would
most properly require changing of how permission changing is handled?

Mithro