DCWorkflow (was Re: [Zope-dev] Another open letter. :-))

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:36:36 -0600

At 10:12 AM 12/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, I did, actually, for at least a little bit.  Its concept of "tokens"
>seems to be geared much more towards RDBMS-backed apps, and in some areas
>seems needlessly complex, at least for the app I'm working on.

I don't agree about the RDBMS stuff, but I agree with you about the
complexity. However, I think it is so complex due to its generic approach.
It would be so much better, if you would try to build a simpler interface
on top of it, than implementing everything again. I have actually done that
before with Formulator. iuveno was in the process to develop their own HTML
Form tool, when Formulator came around and we dropped it all and just wrote
a Product that extended Formulator a little bit for our needs.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter