[Zope-dev] Zope Exceptions and translation

Andre Schubert andre.schubert@geyer.kabeljournal.de
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:08:36 +0100

Hi,

yes it is a big job, but i started at all form-based exceptions,
because the members of our websites can manage many things over
web-forms, thats why i tried to patch
all HTTPResponse-exceptions with writing a product that patches the
correspondend functions,
further i patched Converters.py so that it returns german error_values.
Thats the work i have done and it seems to work for me.
All i want is a Product which catches as many exceptions as possible and
translate them into, for me, german.
I also thought that i can design the product as like as zzlocale, thats
its easy to translate into other languages.

I dont want to hack the sources, i want a Product but its hard to
program all the exceptions.

thanks as

seb bacon schrieb:

> You're certainly right, but it would be a big job.  In fact I recently
> started a proposal on the subject (bare bones).  Please add to it!
> Especially the requirement for i18n.
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ClassBasedExceptions

What and how should it add???