[Zope-dev] Zope Exceptions and translation

Seb Bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:52:33 -0000

From: Trevor Toenjes <zope@toenjes.com>

> This proposal is dead-on to make the errors more accessible and
> customizable.  This is the solution to some of my previous error_message
> threads.
>
> How do we move this from proposal to project?

We need to define the scope very clearly.  Please add your ideas to the Wiki
:)

> Why not start with a less ambitious first phase of opening up Exceptions
> control as a "product".  How about a Folder attribute or a
> standard_error_message controller?

This is a very good idea.  One risk is that because it should work with
string-based exceptions, it might *encourage* people to continue to work
with string-based exceptions.

We would also need to fix the 'errors outside html' and 'hardcoded errors'
problems as part of the project, I think.

seb