[Zope-dev] Searching/Indexing/ZODB/SQL/BerkleyDB

Matt Hamilton matth@netsight.co.uk
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:33:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> > (it can do boolean searches too, but the book is mainly about
> > ranking).
>
> Please god tell me they cover phrase matching :-S

No they don't really (if I remember right).  I think they do talk about
storing the position of the word in the document, so that could help.  I
need to dig the book out, I looked at it about 18 months ago.

> [snip headf*ck]
>
> Urm, maybe they'll take it a little slower than that? ;-)

Yes they do.  Condensing ~500 pages into one paragraph is a bit tricky :)

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                         matth@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet