[Zope-dev] Funding, SourceForge

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:21:13 -0500

I am confused? is this a zope-dev or zope-web topic?
Is the goal to provide this for new.zope.org to share with the community via
XML-RPC and release as a Zope product?

Either way we need a component architecture plus identifying all the
existing product snippets or objects that could be used.  Recruit those
authors to support a combined effort.  Then let's decide on a road map with
priorities and release capabilities as everyone can contribute.
We can only address the "we need funding" concern when we have a project
definition to help create a budget (money and time).

An "uber-collaborative suite" would be awesome that combines the best of
Squish, wikis, sourceforge, talkback, UBB, (ZPT and CSS support) (CMF if
supported in Zope3.)
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2001-November/014225.html
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2001-December/000759.html
A product with "pick-and-choose" capabilities out of the box is what Zope
needs to push Zope higher in the OpenSource world and attract more
developers to the community.

That is the goal right??  "get more developers excited about and adopt Zope
so they can contribute to Zope's core or release their own quality products
to the community."

are my emails too long?  i think i get too chatty.  :)
-Trevor "10x"