[Zope-dev] ZopeVersionControl proposal.

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:10:02 +0100

I finally got the time to read through the ZopeVersionControl proposal
properly. It seems all very good too me. It does feel a bit like Zope as
usual is completely technology driven and haven't invested much thought in
how it should be used and how the management interface should look, but
thats what I expected. :-)

I also feel that there are some things that seem both hard to do and not
very useful, such as sharing version across sites (unless you mean different
directories in one installation that has siteroots). At the same time things
like "diffs" between versions which I rather find like a very essential
feature is put down as "optional".

Other than these minor issues I can't wait for Zope with version control. In
fact, I needed it months ago. :-)