[Zope-dev] absolute_url FTP upload and CatalogAware

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:04:20 +0000

Niclas Kuehne wrote:

> When I upload a file of a certain class (HTMLDocument) that is
> CatalogAware the entry in the catalog does not contain the real
> absolute_url. Instead it shows
> "http://myserver:21/Zope/Dir1/Dir2/object.html" where "myserver" is the
> hostname of the linux server, 21 is the FTP port used by Zope and Dir1 &
> Dir2 are directories. When I clear the catalog and add the documents by
> clicking "Find Objects" the absolute_url is correct. What is happening
> here? Any help?

Please don't post in HTML to this mailing list.

Please do not post to both the zope-dev and zope@zope.org lists.

The problem is that you are using CatalogAware. Try using
CatalogPathAware in its place.

The CatalogAware mixin was written before Zope was improved to cope with
virtual hosting.

The replacement is CatalogPathAware, with CatalogAware kept around to
support legacy systems.

--
Steve Alexander