[Zope-dev] Competition

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:23:55 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Chris Withers wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> > >And they have their own issues, what with needing to make money out of
> > >Zope, which means intrinsically that all of us
> > >outside of Zope Corp are in competition with them.
> >
> > No that is not true. In Germany for example, noone feels in competition
> > with Zope Corp., since they are not even looking for projects there.
>
> Yet ;-)

I don't know why people assume that competition=difficult to work
together.  One of our closest competitors in the ISP business is
also one of our closest collaborators.  True, our primary markets
have different centers, but they do overlap considerably, especially
when it comes to the higher end customers.

I see the "competition" between ZC and other Zope solution providers,
not to mention *between* the other solution providers, as a good thing.
It keeps us all on our toes.

--RDM