[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.4 crashes -- possible fix identified, other solutions also suggested

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
18 Dec 2001 14:21:07 -0200

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 13:44, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
> Soo... if shutting off GC extends time between crashes for some folks
> from every 15 minutes to 3 times a day, my advise is to shut off GC.

Now I can really confirm that gc.disable() is enough to avoid the
crashes (no need to recompile python --without-gc).

And as far as we could notice, it didn't start leaking like crazy. We
haven't been able to identify any noticeable increase in memory
consumption. If it is leaking we will need some more time to notice it.

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.