[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.4 crashes -- possible fix identified, other solutions also suggested

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:28:09 +1100

>>> "Matthew T. Kromer" wrote
> Anthony Baxter is anticipating a Python 2.1.2 beta real soon now (probably
> this weekend) so I am going to try to get that into Zope 2.5's binary
> releases, although we may put out a Zope 2.5 beta 3 first.  This will
> include the necessary Python patches to ceval.c to fix the frame bug; after
> it hits the streets Python 2.1.2 will become our recommended Python for
> Zope.

That's still the plan - ripping along through the todo list at the moment.
I'm just double-quadruple-triple checking the safety of the patch to make
solaris threading not suck as a backport.

Note that it's not going to be a beta, but a release candidate - it shouldn't
be necessary to have a beta for a bugfix release.

Anthony