[Zope-dev] Re: Strange error message: "function attributes not accessible in restricted mode"

Stephan Richter richter_wolfgang@t-online.de
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:36:16 -0600

>I have two Zope 2.5 b2 installations on two seemingly identical machines,
>both with PostgreSQL, ZPsyCopDA, and DBObjects. In the DBObjects demo, I am
>getting THIS (see below) on one of the machines (the one with the slightly
>older installation).
>
>Very strange for me. What the hell is "restricted mode"? Something new in
>the RestrictedPython environment? And what could explain the fact that it
>happens on one machine, but not on the other?

Well, it came with Zope 2.4. Thomas Foester posted that problem and I think
it is fixed in the CVS. If not, I have to ask Thomas to check it in. The
restricted mode is the Python mode that is executed at Zope runtime in the
Zope environment.

Regards,
Stephan

Stephan Richter
iuveno AG - Technical Design and Implementation
Technical Design and Development