[Zope-dev] Patch acceptance. What about this one?

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:04:55 -0800 (PST)

-> >         I'd like to second this.  There's nothing more annoying than a
-> > "corporate"-sponsered Open Source project ignoring patches from the
-> > community...
->
->
-> maybe you'd like to re-evaulate that comment given the rest of the thread ;-)

	I'm delighted to see the prompt response.

	I brought it up because I have seen a couple of projects where a
company published a product under an Open Source license, but did not
utilize the community.  It seems that, when a group of people are getting
paid to work on a project, anything patches from outside that company gets
ignored because of the "Not Developed Here" anti-pattern.

	But I do admit that Zope Corp. has done an excellent job of
embracing (and supporting!) its community.  Thank you!

	Now, can I get a reponse to my previous question regarding
PUT_factory()?  :)

--Derek