[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] [Bug] "bobobase_modification_time" unreliable to catalog

Casey Duncan casey_duncan@yahoo.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:00:04 -0800 (PST)

This behavior is logical if unintuitive. I propose
that we can kill two birds with one stone to fix this:

 - Add a new method perhaps: getModificationTime() to
the API of SimpleItem or even Persistent that returns
the ZODB modification time or if the object has been
changed, but not yet commited, the current date/time.

- Deprecate bobobase_mod_time and perhaps even omit it
entirely from Zope3.

This will fix the aforementioned bug and get rid of an
API anachronism.

Thoughts?

-Casey