[Zope-dev] Zope server dies with Netscape's FTP

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 21:22:49 -0600

At 12:21 AM 2/5/01 -0400, Pablo Bleyer Kocik wrote:

>"Randall F. Kern" wrote:
>
> > Are you starting zope with ./start, or otherwise including -D when z2.py
> > is executed?
> >
> > That will cause Zope to try to write to the terminal when an FTP
> > connection is made.  Since the terminal is gone, Zope dies.
> >
> > -Randy
>
>     The problem started occurring without debugging turned on, and it didn't
>happen always. Then I turned debugging on to trace the bug, and it was
>worst: there were no logs and the server always dies if I exit the console.
>I am pretty cueless to what is going on...

Well, yes, the server will die when you close the console if you did not
start it with nohup or some other program that "unbinds" Zope from the
Shell as a child. Just start Zope with: nohup ./start &
All messages will be forwarded to nohup.out in your current directory at
execution time. You can stop the server with ./stop

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter