[Zope-dev] ThreadSafeCounter 0.0.1 released

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:14:46 +0000

Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> [Erik Enge]
>
> | What happens if you run this with ZEO?  Will the file be kept «in
> | sync» with all ZEO Clients?
>
> Good point. I don't think so.  It could be that it is kept in sync
> with one Zope instance "being responsible" and the others calling
> it via XML-RPC.

I'd thought the original point of ThreadSafeCounter was to provide
a simple sequential unique values generator, without causing
writes to the Data.fs.

You could look at using a MountableStorage that doesn't support
undo to get a similar benefit. This would also work with ZEO.

Take a look in the Core Session Tracking product to see how
it is done there.

Also, you may find Shane Hathaway's ExternalMount product useful.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer