[Zope-dev] ThreadSafeCounter 0.0.1 released

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:27:02 +0100

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:31:04AM +0100, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> As I've understood it, two threads serving requests have a copy each of the
> database, and only when changes are committed are they reflected in
> the database.  Therefore, two requests created at the same time could
> get an identical copy and therefore and identical value.

The ZODB will invalidate and force a retry on one of the connections.
Chris's code is threadsafe and will result in unique, sequential values.

See the ZODB UML documentation for details:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Developer/Models/ZODB/

--
Martijn Pieters