[Zope-dev] Virtual Host Monster Paranoia

Matt Hamilton matth@netsight.co.uk
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:30:26 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> Right,
>
> I really like the idea of these things but I am concerned about something that
> allows anonymous users to futz with traversal.
>
> Can someone put my fears to rest that using these won't let anonymous users do
> bad things to my sites?

I use them in conjunction with Apache's mod_proxy to rewrite
http://www.simpledomain.com to the long
http://zopehost.foo.com/blah/blah/VirtualHostMonstser/blah/blah.  The Zope
host is behind a firewall, so anonymouse users cannot get to it directly.

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                         matth@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet