[Zope-dev] Strange AttributeError in AccessControl/User.py

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:26:08 +0000

Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> indeed a strange problem, anyone experienced this?
>
>   Zope Error
>
>      Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
>      AttributeError
>
> 	Sorry, a Zope error occurred.
>
>            Traceback (innermost last):
>              File /home/morten/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in publish_module
>              File /home/morten/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
>              File /home/morten/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
>                (Object: CatalogAware)
>              File /home/morten/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162, in publish
>              File /home/morten/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 442, in traverse
>              File /home/morten/Zope/lib/python/AccessControl/User.py, line 496, in validate
>                (Object: RoleManager)
>              File /home/morten/Zope/lib/python/AccessControl/User.py, line 231, in allowed
>            AttributeError: aq_inContextOf

What version of Zope are you using?

On my Zope 2.3 fom CVS, the line of User.py that could conveivably cause that error is 20 line on at 251.

Perhaps you're hitting a but that's been fixed in a later version of Zope, or in CVS for the next version?

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer