[Zope-dev] Getting the parent of a container in a Python Script

Cyril Elkaim cyril.elkaim@free.fr
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:48:02 +0100 (CET)

       Erik,

>What do you need the reference for?  How are you going to use it?  And
>when you're talking about «inside ZODB», does that mean that you're
>not using Zope to access it?

     I'm using Zope but I made up my application by components. So I want
to access an object anywhere in the database even if it's not in the URL path.
Anyway, it's not a big problem for now.

>Shouldn't be a problem.  Also have a look at objectValues(),
>objectIds() and objectItems() in lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py;
>around line 320.  They could save you some time.

        I'll take a look at it.

        Cyril