[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-PTK] PTK and Usability

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:10:41 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Johan Carlsson wrote:

<nagging snipped :>

> > We have an existing effort underway to tackle the "DTML
> > snippet" problem for Zope in general:
> >
> >   http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT
> >
> > In particular, ZPT makes pages back into "wholes", editable
> > using GoLive, Dreamweaver, etc. (GoLive has better WebDAV
> > support, and is working with the current test version;  DW
> > may take longer, as they have only broken WebDAV support, and
> > won't commit to fixing it).
>
> Couldn't it be done with plain FTP access or does it involve
> accessing DAV properties?

FTP will work;  Paul reminds me that the other thing ZPT needs
is good XHTML support, which DreamWeaver (apparently) still
lacks.

FWIW, we originally favored DW as a candidate ZPT editor, and
only reluctantly dropped it, after getting less-than-helpful
replies from the MacroMedia folks.

Tres.