[Zope-dev] Zope Newbie

John Bennett jbennett@btconnect.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:34:28 -0000

Hi all, I hope I am not posting this to the wrong newsletter, I am seeking
some advice regarding using zope on my organizations site..

I am creating a Developers Recouse Community site, which will have a lot of
features, I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the direction to
accomplishing these..
These are the sections that I am currently planning :-
	a) A structural database of articles/tutorials on different subjects.
	b) Forums, Members Area (high emphasis on the members area, I really need
to add 	   features and customize this area) Possible File directory, i.e
Freshmeat type thing
	c) Job Board, A complex job resume posting and employer front end job
board.
	   possibly with an emplyer login area, not sure whther to give same access
	   standard members.

As a nebie to Zope/DTML/Python these tasks seem a little daunting to me - I
am aware of existing products like ZopePTK and was wondering whether this
would provide good ground for such a site as above.

Please let me know your comments/suggestion - they will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You.

John