[Zope-dev] ZPatterns goes crazy after ZClass change

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:42:50 +0000

Itai Tavor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Rack which uses ZClass Company for storage. I renamed Company
> to CompanyX and created a new Company ZClass, giving it the same
> methods, propertysheets and properties as CompanyX. When I tried to view
> editInstanceForm_html of an instance of this class, I got the method
> stored in CompanyX. So I deleted CompanyX from the control panel. I
> still got the CompanyX method. I used the Rack's Storage tab to select
> another ZClass. Still got the method from CompanyX.
>
> when I click Remove Orphaned Slots on this Rack, I get:
>
> Any ideas how I can fix this without recreating the Rack and all my
> persistent data?

Use the Zope Undo mechanism to return your application to the state it
was in before you renamed Company to CompanyX.

Either that, or restore from one of your backups.

Check things are working. Now, take another backup.

Then, do the same renaming thing as you did before, but ensure that you
make the new Company ZClass have the same "Class Id" as the old one had,
and that the old Company ZClass (now CompanyX) has a different "Class
Id". You can find the "Class Id" field on the Basic tab of a ZClass.

This "Class Id" is how Zope works out what ZClass to use when it comes
across a ZClass instance.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer