[Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:36:39 +0000

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Chris, this necrohippophilic sadism has to stop!

Erm? I think my education is lacking... what does that mean? :-S

> "most humeans"
> does *not* map to "English speakers who prefer case-insensitive
> collation."

I disagree but it's not worth arguing about. However, the people who pay my
salary feel that way which means I care ;-)

> case-insensitive search / sort, then create a method on your
> object which does the approprate case-flattening, and index that
> instead of the "real" attribute.

Thanks, I always forget the flexibility of ZCatalog :-) That said, how hard
would it be to alter ZCatalog so you could override the comparison function it
uses? It feels like a ,cmp=cmp argument to the added search index consructor,
then a self._cmp = cmp in the constructor, followed by a query and replace on
cmp with self._cmp in the search index source. But I might be completely wrong
:-(

Apart from that, any ideas how I'd search for a record where the indexed
attribute is blank or the secondary sort stuff?

cheers,

Chris