[Zope-dev] Minor typos/changes to ZCatalog.

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:22:29 -0500

> Today's show opens with an usability bug (that's what it looks like to me,
> anyway).  Sit back and feel free to buy an albatross from the strange man.
>
> I've got a ZCatalog named Catalog, living its normal life at /.
>
> When I'm in /Catalog/manage_catalogIndexes the index names are <a
> href>'s.  Strange, since they all link to /Catalog.

Hmmm.  I think this may be an aborted feature.  It will either be removed or
finished.

> In the ZCatalog.py's doc string, it says: "[...] ZCatalog's can index
> either 'Field' values of object, or 'Text' values [...]".  What about
> Keyword indexes?  Am I confusing myself?

Probably.  Keyword indexes work too.

> And finally, the thing I really came here for, what good is the size?  And
> who calculates it?  I have three objects that has the attribute
> sales_line, although the sales_line index' size is 847.  Clues?

This is the number of objects indexed by the index.  If it's not working,
that's a bug.

> Also, could anyone point me to some good documentation (reference material
> would be best) about how the different Indexes work?  I'm having a bit of
> a struggle with numbers, FieldIndexes and TextIndexes.

No.  ;-)  This is one of the things I'd like to get done soon.