[Zope-dev] Minor typos/changes to ZCatalog.

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:34:54 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
> As you can see by the second example, an ISBN can have
> letters as well as numbers in it, so it cannot be
> represented by an integer. Text indexes seem to ignore
> 'words' that contain numbers, though.
>
> Any suggestions?

A field or keyword index would work.  Or you can make a very small
change to splitter.c to stop it from ignoring numbers.

Which is something I'd like to see as a standard feature of Catalog,
actually.  I can't think of any instances of using a text index
where I did *not* want words with numbers indexed, and have a number
of instances where I *do* want words with numbers indexed.  Actually,
the same applies to pure numbers, as well.

--RDM