[Zope-dev] Minor typos/changes to ZCatalog.

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:24:48 -0800

"R. David Murray" wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
> > As you can see by the second example, an ISBN can have
> > letters as well as numbers in it, so it cannot be
> > represented by an integer. Text indexes seem to ignore
> > 'words' that contain numbers, though.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> A field or keyword index would work.  Or you can make a very small
> change to splitter.c to stop it from ignoring numbers.
>
> Which is something I'd like to see as a standard feature of Catalog,
> actually.  I can't think of any instances of using a text index
> where I did *not* want words with numbers indexed, and have a number
> of instances where I *do* want words with numbers indexed.  Actually,
> the same applies to pure numbers, as well.

Hmm. this seems like there ought to be a checkbox next to
the 'Add Index' form field labeled 'index numbers?'. Or
maybe a 'Text and Numbers' index as an additional index
type.

What change needs to be made to splitter.c? Do I have to
recompile Zope afterwards, or will a restart do it?

Michael Bernstein.