[Zope-dev] Minor typos/changes to ZCatalog.

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:24:39 +0000

Erik Enge wrote:

 > Will FieldIndexes also behave like TextIndex, in that they remove
 > stop words, digits and so forth?

No.

 > I think I've picked up somewhere that FieldIndexes treats the whole
 > content of the attribute it indexes as one big chunk of .. erm...
 > characters, and doesn't remove anythink?  Correct?

Yes.

But it's not just characters. A field index indexes an object, and uses
the overloaded comparison operators for that object to put it in an
appropriate place. So, you can index DateTime objects, tuples, strings,
numbers, floats...

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer