[Zope-dev] More ZCatalog Stuff.

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:44:36 -0500

Chris Withers [chrisw@nipltd.com] wrote:
> "Michael R. Bernstein" wrote:
> >
> > Hmm. this seems like there ought to be a checkbox next to
> > the 'Add Index' form field labeled 'index numbers?'. Or
> > maybe a 'Text and Numbers' index as an additional index
> > type.
>
> I like these ideas :-)

One of the ideas that has been tossed around for almost a year (and
Jim and I both liked last we discussed it) was "drop-in" indexes.
These would be individually managed, and you would be able to control
the splitter more (which is what you're reffering to in this case.  In
addition, you might even have more detailed control over the searching
behaviours...

SMOC :-)

Chris