[Zope-dev] Possible 'bad' with Client.py and urllib

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:34:19 +0000

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Chris Withers writes:
>  > .... urllib & Client block Zope ....
> That would suggest a bug in Python's socket implementation:
>
>   its "makefile().read" method would not release the global
>   interpreter lock.

Do you think this is likely? If so, where would I go to report it, or maybe it's
perhaps already fixed in Python 2.0?

That said, this problem only started manifesting itself when the target of the
urlopen or Client.get was a Python Script. It had been working fine before when
the target was DTML Method.

What with the Byte Code hacks, etc, in Python Scripts, I wonder if that isn't
maybe the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas how I'd go about inestigating this?

cheers,

Chris