[Zope-dev] Product dev

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 17:52:25 +0000

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>   For some problems during product import, Zope
>   decides to keep the old state rather than show
>   the error.

I wonder whether the product's version.txt might have something to do
with it.  Remove version.txt and see if it has any effect.  Then try
creating a new version.txt.

Another thing to watch out for is file permissions.  "chmod -R 777
productname"  and see if there's any difference.

Are you running Zope in "-D" debug mode and watching the output?  I
can't imagine debugging products in normal mode.  Note, however, that
Zope 2.1.7 and before don't even show anything in the terminal window
when a product has syntax errors.  One of the first things I did at
Digital Creations was make sure that got fixed. :-)

Shane