[Zope-dev] WikiName Overloading (RE: [Zope-Annce] ZWiki 0.8.1 released)

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:31:04 +1100

Here's the beef:
Want to use ZWiki but have a slightly different version of what you want a
wikiname to be? In my case I wanted to include TLAs as wikinames as my
industry is full of them and its really handy to have to automatically
hyperlinked so anyone can give the definition and references easily.
To enable this I created a patch to ZWiki that will look for a property in
the aquisition path called WikiNameDefinition. If found, this string
property is treated as a regexp that is "or"ed with the standard wikiname
regexp. This is done at runtime so you can change the wikiname over a pages
lifetime.
I would like this patch included so that I can take advantages of new ZWiki
releases without rehacking the source each time.

I'd like to motivate the author to include this feature in the next release.
How much interest by others is there for such a feature?