[Zope-dev] New UI for 2.3

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:39:52 +0000

I think the new UI for 2.3 is great improvement over 2.2.

I'm already finding the sorted tables of folder contents useful, and
having the add new items select at the top saves time.

However, I do not like the 3-frame interface. I feel that the top frame
is wasted space. The Zope logo and "Logged in as username | Logout"
could as easily go at the bottom of the tree-view frame on the left.
This would leave extra screen space for doing work.

I realize that I can make the frame smaller by dragging it with my
mouse. I do a lot of TTW development, and I think I might find that
cumbersome, so I guess I'll be hacking the top frame out of my
management interface :-)

I also much prefer blue to black as a background colour for the tabs and
the "Root Folder" link. The black seems a bit overbearing.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer