[Zope-dev] Massive scalability

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:39:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Michael Bernstein wrote:
> I do not know if BTree folders and Racks share the same
> B-Tree implementation, which is why I qualified my statement
> as 'slightly less confident'.

I'm fairly certain that BTree folders, Squishdot, and Racks all
use the BTree module that comes with zope, each in their own way.
(Note that that module has some issues with DB activity on writes,
which I believe someone is eventually going to fix...)

> Hmm. John Eikenberry mentioned a slowdown with about 50,000
> objects on partial-match searches, but I don't know how

I have not experiemented with partial match searches, although
I did build the site with that type of index.

> simple/complex the objects were, or how many atributes were
> being indexed. How many indexes of various types was your
> ZCatalog maintaining on your objects?

The catalog indexed just a few pretty short text properties,
and searching is really done only one one (the longest) field.

--RDM