[Zope-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Zope-dev] Massive scalability]

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:07:26 -0800

Forwarded to the list to maintain the thread.

-------- Original Message --------
From: John Eikenberry <jae@kavi.com>
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Massive scalability
To: Michael Bernstein <webmaven@lvcm.com>

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> John Eikenberry wrote:
>
> Can you tell us a bit about how many indexes (and what
> types) you were maintaining about each object? Another
> poster reported no problems with 60,000 objects.

I was testing and had a real simple setup. In addition to
the default
indexes I had 1 index on a string type (of 10 chars or less
- last names),
2000 objects indexed. The vocabulary only had the entries
for this field in
it.

Everything was nice and fast except partial searching. It
was fast enough
when ther were small numbers of matches. But as the number
of matches grew
the time it took grew along with it, at a nearly expontial
rate.

--

John Eikenberry
[jae@zhar.net - http://zhar.net]