[Zope-dev] manage_changeProperties in a loop

Arno Gross arno.gross@consotec.de
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:59:30 -0100

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Casey Duncan wrote:
> Try this:
> <dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('rangList','folder1;folder2;folder2')">
> <dtml-in expr="_.string.split(rangList,';')">
> 	<dtml-let folder="_[_['sequence-item']]"
>                   index="_['sequence-index']">
> 		<dtml-call expr="folder.manage_changeProperties({'rang':index})">
> 	</dtml-let>
> </dtml-in>
>
> Also, why are you passing the folder ids in a string like this? Where
> are these names coming from, a form?

Yes, the names are coming from a from where I can sort the folders for
showing in the desired order.  I know that I can use a list with a SELECTION
tag. But will get only the selected options and I need all the options in the
ordered sequence. Of course I could select programmatically all options before
returning the form and then I could work the list.
But how can I pass the objects instead of the string?
Best wishes
   Arno Gross, arno.gross@consotec.de

> If so, there are ways to eliminate the whole string.split. Also, the
> code would not need to be this complex if the objects
themselves can be > passed instead of a delimited string of ids.