[Zope-dev] MountedFileStorage

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:58:52 +0100

> > > http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/ExternalMount
> > >

> > Sound interesting.
> > Is it possible to mount a read-only database from several different Zope-clients?
>
> Yes.  The database should be inside a ZEO storage server.  ExternalMount
> can mount ZEO ClientStorages (that's how www.zope.org/Wikis works) and
> AFAIK you have the opportunity to provide a "read-only" parameter to the
> storage or the database.
>
> In fact, when you mix in ZEO you can mount the database on one client
> while using it as the root database on another client.  That way you can
> get around the lack of undo.

Is it possible to mix a local storage (a filestorage as the root) and mount a ZEO
server storage as a "mounted storage".

What I really want is several independent Zope servers sharing a mounted
database (containing shared resources, eg. template files, design elements etc.).
If that is possible I suppose it could be either read-write or read-only.
In that way all clients could share an application, for instance a webbshop or
a user tracking application or a browser tracking application.

Cheers,
Johan Carlsson