[Zope-dev] Possible TransparentFolders bug?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:02:43 -0500

Itai Tavor wrote:
> The TransparentFolders Product seems to make everything
> transparent... not just transparent folders.
>
> Zope/
>      Folder_A/
>          method_A
>          Folder_B/ (transparent folder)
>              method_B
>
> I'd expect the only effect of the transparent folder to be that
> /Folder_A/method_B would work. But /method_A and /method_B also work.
> Tested in Zope 2.3b2 and 2.3b3 with TransparentFolders 0.3.

Hmm... I can't get mine to do that.  You're sure Folder_A isn't
transparent also?  Did you ever have a transparent folder by that name,
in that same place?  (Indicating a bug)

Otherwise leaving things as they are, if you put a transparent folder at
the root of the site, do you still get the same behavior?

What path does it tell you if you visit
http://yourserver:8080/method_{A|B}/manage_main?

Shane