[Zope-dev] Key error using manage_changeProperties

Espen Sorbye Frederiksen ceeesf@cee.hw.ac.uk
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:13:38 +0000 (GMT)

I am pssing the category argument to the method below. The category
variable is representing a propety of the Log object.
My code below works ok when I get the property (1), but fails when I try
update that property (2) with a new value. I have tried to use
_[category] but it
disallowes the use of expression, understandably, as a keyword.
Any ideas how I can get around this problem?

Cheers,

Espen

<dtml-let
(1)value="_.getattr(userFolder,username).Log.getProperty(category)"
newvalue="value+.......">

(2)<dtml-call
"_.getattr(userFolder,username).Log.manage_changeProperties(category=newvalue)">

</dtml-let>