[Zope-dev] Re: Refresh and debugging product creation issues.....

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:14:06 -0500

Jaan Kaer wrote:
> It seems that on page http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/Refresh
> is still only link to the old version (2000/05/15) of Refresh
> product :-( Could you please put there also link to the version where you
> are corrected the "multiple names in the product add list problem"?

I took a good look at Refresh today and came up with new solutions to
its issues.  The meta_type list is fixed (the right way) and I found a
way to safely and completely flush the ZODB caches so that even
instances of products at the root folder can be refreshed.

Check out version 0.2!

http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/Refresh/index_html

> Many thanks for very useful product, with my hardware (AMD 486DX 100) is restarting
> Zope a very time-consuming process.

Although that is a good use for Refresh, I created it with the
intentions of it being used even on production sites where restarting
the server is to be avoided.

Another interesting use: there is an issue with ZEO clients and product
initialization; you can use Refresh to solve it.

Feedback is appreciated.

Shane