[Zope-dev] Interfaces Wiki & Security Stuff

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:58:41 +0000

Hi,

How active/relevant is the interfaces wiki at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/Projects/Interfaces

I'm trying to figure out how RoleManagers, local roles, etc work and where the
work of Zope Security is actually done.
I've found ZopeSecurityPolicy.py and bits of stuff in Roles.py, and a few lines
in BaseRequest.py, but the picture is still kinda flakey :-S

It looks like there was quite a lot of discussion on the Wiki about all this,
but I'm not sure how old it is and whether anything happened from it :-(

Also, the new Wiki History thing doesn't seem very meaningful/helpful to me.
Apart from the occasional 'No Data Returned' and Zope error page, the list
returned doesn't seem to have any changes in it. What am I doign wrong?

So, where should I be looking to find out how RoleManager, Local Roles & Proxy
Role work from a Python product developers point of view (in Zope 2.3) and what
changes are in the pipeline?

cheers,

Chris