[Zope-dev] Re: [ZPatterns] HowTo: Make an Image/File a DataSkin ???

Ulrich Eck ueck@net-labs.de
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:07:36 +0200

> You might need to do it like this:
>
>    DataSkin.inheritedAttribute('__init__')(self, id)

can you give me a hint what this actually does or
where it comes from (ExtensionClass.Base or Persistence...)?

when do I need to use this and how is it compareable to

DataSkin.__init__(self,id)
or
DataSkin.__init__.im_func(self,id) ??

I have tried the above and it didn't work in this case .. now I
have the DataSkin Method the first that a PortalImage is
subclassed from and needed to overlay _setId() to coop
with Image.__name and DataSkin.id .. it works .. but I
have no idea what drawbacks this could have.

thanks for your help .. I nearly got it ..

cu
Ulrich Eck