[Zope-dev] Curiously Zope Hanging

Andre Schubert andre.schubert@geyer.kabeljournal.de
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:39:40 +0200

Hi,

Ok, we( my SysAdmin and i ) have found the problem of hanging.
After hours of searching in the python Sources of all the Products which
are involved
we have nothing found.
At this point my SysAdmin has the idea to trace the python processes
with gdb.
After this we could see that Zope was running somewhare in the
gdchart.so module.
After an update of the gdchart.so the problem doesn't occur anymore.
I doesn't know enough to work with gdb, but if my SysAdmin were not able
to work with gdb so very well, i never have found the point were Zope
runs into another universe :)

thanks as