[Zope-dev] RAM Cache Manager "next_cleanup" not working?

Júlio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:27:19 +0100

>No, it's not supposed to work. :-)  Create another DTML method and
>associate it with the same cache manager, then view the new DTML
>method.This will cause ZCache_set() to be called and *then* the cache
>will be cleaned up.
>
>What you really want to use is the max_age parameter.  (It might only
>be in Zope 2.4.x.)  You want the cache of the DTML method to expire
>after a certain time period, right?  Use max_age.  When the cache
>retrieves an expired cache entry, the entry will be removed and later
>replaced.
>
>Each parameter serves a very distinct purpose.  The max_age parameter
>is meant for cache duration control.  The threshold parameter is
>meant for balancing memory use with cache size.  And the cleanup
>interval is to balance memory management with cache performance
>overhead.  Does that make sense?

Ok now THAT makes sense. Because I was thinking that the cleanup interval
was used to do what max_age is going to do when it arrives.
For now we've hacked our RAM Cache Manager to put cleanup interval
to work how we wanted untill we upgrade do 2.4.x.

Thanx again for your replies Shane,
Best Regards,
Julio Dinis Silva