[Zope-dev] ZServer should redirect for folder objects?

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 05:44:25 +0200

Hi!

>  > I've been doing some work with Zope and I've noticed strange behavior with
>  > regards to ZServer and relative links.
>  >
>  > When a client requests an object that is a folder and the request URL does
>  > not have a trailing slash, the HTTP server should return an HTTP 301
>  > Redirect to the correct URL with the slash, right?
> Hmm?
>
> Apache may do this, but I did not see a clause in the HTTP spec
> that would require this behaviour.

For Caches it might also be good as otherwise both objects might
count as two different objects.. That's why apache is doing it, I think.

> Zope does not do it, but sets a "base" tag.

which prevents from mirroring the site in some cases.. at least it
used to be..  but that's another story.. ;-)

cheers,
  Christian