[Zope-dev] Re: PROBLEM(100) Init Ambiguous name

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:41:19 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:
> From: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@zope.com>
>
>>If someone summarizes the distinctions made in this email, I can put it
>>in the ZDG.
>>

> 1. You can't protect a method with more than one permission.
>
> 2. If a method aliases another method:
>
>    e.g. manage_main = manage_editForm
>
>    ...then they both HAVE to be protected by the same permission.

And what about the _setName stuff?

How about:

   When you have two attributes that resolve to the same method,
   and that method is protected by a permission, you need to
   call _setName on the method. The argument to _setName is
   the name of the attribute that you used in the permission
   declaration.

I still don't really understand why this is needed... I guess I'll need
to do some digging in the latest security code.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer