[Zope-dev] SOAP support: request for comments

Bill Anderson bill@immosys.com
30 Jul 2001 11:56:56 -0600

On 30 Jul 2001 00:25:47 -0700, Petru Paler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Almost a year ago I did a quick hack which added SOAP support to Zope. It really
> was something I played with in order to understand what this whole SOAP thingie
> is about. To my surprise, though, my web server access logs show that people
> have actually downloaded it :)
>
> Now, one year later, the situation is different (a couple Python SOAP libraries,
> as opposed to only one) so I'm looking into actually finishing (or redoing) the
> SOAP support for Zope. For this, I would very much apreciate comments --
> especially from those guys who already used my patch, or think they are going
> to use Zope and SOAP in the future.

Well, I tried it this last week or so (if it is the patch Andy
referenced this last week), and was unable to get it to work, though in
fairness, it was applied to Zope 2.4.0 :)

I have a very strong need for SOAP support in Zope, as I my company is
developing a *very* significant and ambitious service infrstructure, and
Zope would make it soooo much easier, especially since we intend to put
out Zope Products that connct to it, and use it.

Any chance you could port the patch to 2.4.0, at least for Prototyping
use? :)

Bill