[Zope-dev] Does creating REAL over-the-web Python code become realistic with Zope 2.4?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:10:15 +0200

> Do you mean generating Python code from ZClasses? For example making and
> editing a Product over the web?

Kind of. Probably not full-fledged Products, but ZClass-like Classes that
define values for property sheets, include Methods, inherit from certain
base classes etc. ... well, maybe I'll end up with a Product ;-)

And I would maybe not generate the code "from ZClasses", but write a Python
Product that does the generation.

> Well the one flaw is that you will still need to restart AFAIK to install
> brand new product.

This has to be tested out. At least it should be possible to add classes to
an existing Product. So that would do. I'd just need a "dummy" Product where
all the new over-the-web classes would go ...

Joachim